Monday, August 4, 2008

Dill-er Potato Salad

Another CSA item that I have been loving is dill weed (tee hee). I have been putting sprigs of it in salads and eating it plain. I have big plans for next week's bunch already. But this week's dill weed award goes to potato salad. I adapted this one from a recipe from a television network that specializes in food. I forget what it is called.

Start with 3 lbs red potatoes. Leave the skin on and quarter them, boil until tender (about 25 minutes). Let cool to room temperature.


The dressing goes like this:


-1 cup Mayonaise (I used half regular and half low-fat)
-1 small onion (another CSA item)
-1/2 cup dill weed, chopped
-1 tablespoon vinegar

-1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard (I used the last of the fancy french dijon we bought in Paris)
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
Mix these items together. Pour it over the potatoes and gently mix it all together (don't smash the potatoes!)

Refrigerate promptly. I don't want anyone getting food poisoning from potato salad that's been sitting out in the sun all day.






And here is a picture of the fabulous summer meal we had at Nell's new house, including the beets, delicious asian slaw by Nell and summer-approved BLTs by Dad:

2 comments:

D-£ said...

I love the Nigella Lawson chopper/ninja weapon. Reminds me of an Ulu on steroids.

dill weed.

calleyg said...

It is pretty weapon-like. In fact, I sliced my hand open with it.